Frustrated with the mainstream media’s coverage of war, climate change and the economy, or already making your own media?
Interested in acquiring new skills or finding out more about exciting radical media projects from around the world?
Want to join the resistance to the corporate takeover of the internet, or discuss how we can harness the digital revolution to help bring about radical social change?
THIS CONFERENCE IS FOR YOU!
This gathering will have three main purposes:
- to showcase inspiring examples of radical media practice;
- to further develop radical critiques of the mainstream media;
- to enable activists, journalists and students to engage in training and skillsharing.
The Rebellious Media Conference (RMC) is also:
- an opportunity for dialogue between radical media and mainstream media;
- for radical media groups to come together to discuss the challenges and opportunities facing us, particularly in relation to the digital revolution.
The intention is to capture as much as possible of the RMC and to make it available on the web, and for there to be ongoing projects coming out of the RMC.
We are currently drafting the programme for the Conference, which will comprise roughly fifty small (<30 people) workshops, and eight larger (100+) sessions, and we would very much appreciate any ideas and suggestions that you might have.
Specifically, for each of the five topics below we would like to know: (a) what sessions you would like to see take place during the RMC; and (b) the names and contact details of people or organisations you think might be able to help facilitate these sessions:
(1) Inspiring radical media projects or initiatives
(2) Radical critiques of the mainstream media
(3) Training and skillsharing
(4) Dialogue with the mainstream media
(5) Radical media & the digital revolution
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Emma Hughes (Red Pepper)
Gabriel Carlyle (Peace News)
on behalf of the Rebellious Media Conference